I Can't Help Myself

It's true...I can't help myself.  I simply MUST make New Year's Resolutions!

Before we discuss 2016, though, let's take a wee look back at my resolutions for 2015 and see how I did!
  1. This might sound silly, but I resolve to actually USE my corner of the office in 2015. - This happened!  I now love my little corner of the basement....but the caviat is that the lack of door is still a major problem.  Specifically, I love my little corner if it's early in the morning before anyone else is up - or if they are gone for the day - but once the family is up it's all over...especially since the girls have taken over the main portion of our basement. 
  2. Design my own knitting projects. - This did not happen. I have no ideas and a lot of fear.
  3. Branch out a bit with my handwork/creative work. - I don't know what I was thinking, or what my intent was on this one...but no. 
  4. In 2014 I managed a 2 month period of 100% compliance on my allergy diet.  I will be working on a three month period of compliance before my April appointment. -  In the original resolution I had decided that what I really needed to do was to let go of long term lofty goals and try to stick to much smaller compliance goals.  The fact of the matter is that I completely failed at that pre-April appointment goal...but as you know, magic has happened since.  I've been fully compliant since April 16th, and because of that my life continues to get better and better. 
  5. Add strength training and yoga to my exercise schedule. - HA!  I have good intentions..... 
  6. Get back to blogging on a regular basis. - It was better than it was the year before, and that's all I care about. 
  7. Rebuild my regular journaling practice and finish my project of revisiting all of my old journals. - This I did, and though the old journal project remains slow it remains both enlightening and healing.  My journal...well, I love my journal, and I am happy to have a better relationship with it. 
  8. I've two major organization projects that I've been avoiding for a long time - our photos and our storage area.  - Some progress was made on the digital photo front...but the giant box full of prints still needs work.  The storage area....matches, anyone?
  9. Reduce the distractions in my life. - I took two very intentional breaks from my online presence, and it was amazing.  I have definitely cut back my social media time, and am working to make sure I don't fall back into bad habits with the rest. 
  10. Learn something new.  - I did!  I learned double knitting, and it was awesome!
I had made one more declaration at the start of 2015, that it would be the year that I finally got over my weird knitter issues and started knitting honest to goodness sweaters for myself.  You know what, I did that too!

With that out of the way -

Drumroll, please....

Kristin's 2016 New Year's Resolutions!  and goals...maybe these should be called goals instead?  That sounds about right.
  1. Run an average of 50 miles/month
  2. Run 2 1/2 marathons
  3. Add the strength training and yoga!  for reals this time!
  4. Continue on with full compliance on my allergy rotation diet...there are a few tweaks I'd like to try to figure out some curious, and lingering, problems.
  5. Journal every day
  6. Find new ways to celebrate the holidays. (ie.  w/o food)
  7. Fully declutter the house, and get those blasted photos dealt with.
  8. Knit 2-4 sweaters for myself from existing stash - which requires a level of creative thinking at times that's super good for me.
  9. In fact, work through as much of my stash as possible...with no more than 3 new purchases.
  10. Reclaim my spinning wheel
  11. Sean's sweater
  12. Design?  Another long talked about thing....
  13. Time for a grand project...I'm thinking another massive Shetland Lace shawl
  14. Work through the Artist's Way
  15. Find a way to contribute financially to the family
  16. There are some relationships that I've let fall by the wayside for a variety of ridiculous reasons.  I'm going to fix that this year.
  17. Write more letters...because they are awesome!
My word for 2015 was CHANGE, and my oh my was that ever a prophetic choice.  I'm in a very different place now than I was a year ago, and to honor that my Word for 2016 shall be GROWTH.

Comments

Popular Posts