Woodland Hap

 I am in love.
 
My Woodland Hap Shawl
Heirloom Knitting's Shetland Hap Shawls: Then & Now, by Sharon Miller
Knit Picks Palette, Woodland Winter Mittens Kit (plus 2 extra skeins Bittersweet Heather)
US 6 (4.0mm) Addi Turbo needles, 32" and 40"
December 29, 2014 - March 18. 2015
 
This was a deeply, deeply satisfying project.
 
It made me smile every time I picked it up.
 
I loved everything about it - from the pattern to the colors - and I imagine it will see lots of use.  I plan to use it as a lap blanket in my favorite orange chair in my office/studio corner of the basement.
 
I used Miller's basic instructions for modern, center-out construction, with an assist from her advice on how to make it bigger.  Because of the way I did the stripes I did not come out to a nice even number and had to fudge a bit to get the edging to fit.  No matter.  I figure that's in the spirit of traditional Shetland Knitting.
 
The cool thing is that I feel even more in love with Palette, which may just be the best thing that Knit Picks produces.  It's perfect for this project...sturdy and yet soft, it holds colors well and knits up to a really nice gauge.
 
So what's a girl to do when she finishes such a project?  Why...she immediately goes into her stash and casts on another.
 
I knew I had a use for all of that Palette.





Comments

Rubysasha said…
Beautifully done, the colours are delicious! I love a good satisfying hap shawl knit and make at least one a year, they are my happy happy projects and you are right, I smile every time I pick them up :)

Popular Posts