Lovely Lisianthus

 Lisianthus by Rosemary Hill
Th'Red Head Designs Mini Boomer, 1 skein
US 6 (4.0mm) Addi Turbo, 32 inch
August 11, 2014 - February 10, 2015
 
I bought the yarn specifically for a shawl project.  I absolutely adore fingering weight shawls...they are fantastic for everyday wear.  What doesn't show in the pictures is the subtle shading in the brown.  It goes from an almost peachy pink to a brown that reminds me of healthy tree bark, but it's so subtle that you don't get lost in crazy color transitions.  The yarn is a bamboo/merino blend, which was interesting.  The finished piece blocked and drapes like silk - which is awesome!  However, it was very, very heavy to work with, and the latter rows really wore out my hands, wrists and forearms.  I refuse to use a bamboo blend for socks (it does NOT wear well, or last long), but for something like this it's amazing...if you can handle the extra weight.
 
I had originally intended this to be my fall shawl...that didn't happen, so into the drawer it will go until next year!
The edging is my favorite part...I think they look like angels, or maybe dancing girls.  Either way, they are magical!




Comments

Romi said…
This turned out gorgeous!!!!

Popular Posts