Dear 2015,

I have high hopes for you.

Apparently, 2014 took to heart my admonitions because it turned out to be a much better year than it's stinky predecessor.  This bodes well.  Indeed, it bodes very, very well. 

I don't like to place to many expectations on you, dear 2015.  Resolutions are made to be broken, and heartbreak is often the result of getting one's hopes up too high.  We've only just met, and I don't know you well enough yet to know what to expect of you or how you are likely to behave.

BUT...

I kind of can't help myself.  I've always found something magical about New Year's Day.  There's just something about having a special day set aside where life can begin anew.  I'm a sucker for that sort of thing!  I always like to start new things on a special new day (first day of week...first day of month...birthday), and what is more special than the first day of the NEW YEAR!!!!

And hey...it worked out pretty well last year, didn't it?!

I apologize in advance if this is placing a lot of pressure on you, but there are some things I'd like to see us accomplish in the 364 days to come.  Our time together may be brief, but together we can make it amazing.

Without further ado, my expectations for our relationship:

First of all, let's keep up the good work.  Easy-peasy.  I spent a great deal of time working with your predecessor on making some improvements in my life, and together we did a really great job.  If you'll help me continue on that path.  I promise you that these changes are mutually beneficial. 

Second, let's try some new things this year, shall we?  We're in a bit of a rut, and it might be time to shake things up a bit.  Now...let's not go getting all crazy...but still, new could be good. 

Finally, I would really like this to be a year of discovery.  There are so many questions I've had for so long, and I feel like 2013 helped me to get to a place where I could finally start to look for the answers.  It's curious.  For a while now I've felt the power of change coming my way.  I even think part of my funk last month was in preparation of that.  So let's see where this takes us, shall we?

Love,
And all of my very best,
Kristin

PS.  I kind of sort of have some New Year's "Resolutions."  I'm going to keep those to myself for now.  You don't need to worry about it.


Comments

Popular Posts