Fields of Green

 Stanley's Shamrocks
Trifolium Design by Marianne Kinzel
in the Second Book of Modern Lace Knitting
Hedgehog Fibers Silk Lace (Etsy store)
US 2 1/2 (3.0 mm) needles
March 18 - April 8, 2014
Alterations:  Shortened the mesh section between shamrocks and edging.
Only did two rounds of flowers at edging.
 
My only complaint - and, sadly, I kind of expected this with a yarn from an independant dyer - is that the yarn bled color like crazy when I washed this piece so that I could block it.  Honestly, I lost track of how many times I had to rinse it...and the water still wasn't clear when I called it and decided to stop.  The finished piece is still gorgeous, but the color is nowhere near as rich as it was when I purchased the yarn.  Bummer.
 
The good news, it whispered to me this morning where it wants to live....





Comments

Popular Posts